Water Bill Due Date: 11/18/2020 @ 5pm
Grease is a Problem
Grease makes its way into city sanitary sewer pipes when you dispose of cooking products such as oil, butter, dairy products, and other products used in everyday cooking through your kitchen sink. Grease disposed through your kitchen sink clogs drains and creates sewer backups. Blocked sewer pipes cause raw sewage overflow in your home, your neighbors house, and parks & streets.
It’s Always Raining In Southeast Texas. Why Should I Conserve Water?
You wouldn’t leave your faucet on if it’s not in use would you? Essentially, that’s what wasting water does. With a leak or when you waste water, you’re paying for water that you’re not using. While it may not seem like much, it all adds up!
Water Is A Precious Resource
Have you thought about how water gets to your faucet? It takes a lot of resources to bring treated water from the lakes, rivers and groundwater to each one of our customers all day, every day.
Using water wisely is especially important during the summer. Many of our customers double or triple their winter water use in the summer months. A majority is used for lawns and gardens, and most of this could be maintained with 25% to 40% less water!
General Outdoor Conservation Tips
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk.
- Wash your car at a car wash that recycles water, or using waterless car wash.
- If you wash your own car, use a hose nozzle and turn off the water while you soap up your car. Use phosphorous-free soap. It’s better for the environment.
- Direct downspouts toward shrubs or trees.
- Bathe your pets outdoors in an area in need of water.